Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sproingggg!

Shades of yesteryear: today was cold and rainy, and just as last year at this time, today I was ill-prepared for a day outdoors in the drear and damp. I spent most of the morning walking through the old lanes near where we used to live, listening to Wang Gang Feng, a photographer well-known to the expat community, explain why the Chinese people who live in the lane houses downtown want their buildings to be condemned. Not that it wasn't interesting. Our first apartment looked out at some of these houses, but I had never entered one of them or walked through the lanes and noticed the architecture. I took lots of pictures. I hope some of them are as good as the ones Marni gave us when she was here in January.

As soon as the walk was over, after taking advantage of the facilities at the Four Seasons Hotel, I bought a sweater. The good news is that it's supposed to warm up and dry up later in the week, and we should have a lovely weekend.

No comments: